What are T Levels?

T Levels are an alternative for level 3 education, as opposed to sixth form or college. They equate to 3 A levels and there a range of courses available, provided that students have achieved a grade of 4 or higher in Maths and English. Over this 2-year placement, 80% will be provided in the classroom at Dudley College of Technology and the other 20% will be via a 315-hour industry placement.

Benefits for students

Success in T Levels means that students can then progress their career on to university or level 4 apprenticeships, where they will not only have a qualification but also real life work experience from their industry placement. For students who achieve a pass or higher, UCAS tariff points are also awarded to the T Level overall grade.

How to get involved

Members who wish to take on any industry placements for the 45 days can either have the students complete all 315 hours in year 2 or can split the placement with 35 hours in year 1 and 280 hours in year 2. As the training is part of a 16-19 education and training programme, there is no legal requirement that students must be paid. Dudley College of Technology will pay for any associated travel or lunch costs (if applicable). For further information please contact Anumit Kaur.