The Midlands is an exciting place to live and work – with strong growth, optimism is high. Huge investment in HS2 and other large projects are connecting the Midlands and the region is meeting the delivery challenge through maximising new technologies to bring a radical transformation of the Midlands transport and infrastructure network.
CECA Midlands represents over 70 members ranging from large Tier 1 companies to small and medium sized contractors. We exist to support and champion the interests of our members who are building and maintaining the UK’s infrastructure networks in transport, energy, water, waste and communications. Our main areas of operation are Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire and the district of Peterborough in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Our work and member benefits include:
- Developing people through a robust schedule of subsidised and free training
- Working with education providers and other stakeholder to develop the right pathways and standards for people joining and working within our industry
- Attracting talented young people to our industry through dynamic career events and activities
- Through our London office we engage directly with Government enabling us input and challenge policy
- Engagement with industry stakeholders as a whole to tackle issues such as procurement and retention
- A wide range of specialist working parties and fora: water; rail; road; transport; health, safety, environment; training and development etc.
- Support from our retained consultants on specialist areas; contractual; taxation; employment law; health and safety
- Regular client liaison, procurement and information meetings
- Networking events