This half day course is brought to you by Shulman’s and will be delivered by one of their construction experts, Sarah Wilson. The course covers a wide range of issues from correct contractual set up to preparing for a fight and how to achieve the best possible outcome. Shulmans LLP is a full corporate law firm and one of the largest in the UK with 25 partners and 220 colleagues. Shulmans has been described by Lawyer 200 as a ‘stand out performer’.
Who should attend?The course is targeted at: Commercial Directors: Commercial Managers; Contract Managers; Project Managers; Quantity Surveyors; Programmers; In-house Lawyers.
Key topics include:
- Setting up the contract
- Recording instructions and events
- Managing documentation
- Preparing for a fight!
- HGCRA (Construction Act) Payment Regime
- Smash and grab adjudication – when is it available?
- When can you suspend work for non payment?
- Negotiating, posturing and time wasting!