CECA, CITB and WiC have developed a pre employment programme specifically targeting women..
Each candidate will undergo an intensive week of training where they will
- Learn about civil engineering and infrastructure
- Look at all the employment opportunities available within the industry
- Undertake the ICE Bridge challenge experience
- Attain a basic CSCS card
- Achieve a manual handling qualification
- Learn about your individual company
How you can help
We are seeking employers throughout the Midlands region who can offer a minimum two weeks unpaid work placement with either an operational or technical bias.
- Placement duration 24 Sept – 5 Oct 2018
- Come along and meet their candidate prior to placement
- Offer them an interview experience (there is no commitment to employ)
- There is no cost to you as the employer as travel, lunch, PPE etc is found
If you can’t offer a placement opportunity then we are looking for industry representatives (preferably female) to come along during the training week and talk to the delegates about their journey and work within the civil engineering industry. Please email Laura, firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.