Membership of CECA North East has two defined routes; Full and Associate.
Full members are deemed to be civil engineering contractors or have within their business profile an element of civil engineering activities as set out in the full member application form. Full membership provides access to the complete range of products, services and support available from CECA. Full CECA North East members where their work is geographically spread can also attribute a proportion of the subscription to an additional region/s so that they are able to access the local services of that region.
Associate membership application is open to companies who work in association or on the peripheries of civil engineering contracting and wish to contribute to the industry and exchange mutual understanding, knowledge and expertise. We welcome applications from well-intended companies however, the selection process is rigorous and associate members do not have similar access to services or rights as full members as explained below.
The CECA North East Management Board review the suitability of companies applying for Full Membership – their decision is final and without recourse. Companies applying to join CECA North East Ltd should meet the following expectations and adopt CECA’s Code of Ethics. The business should:
- Be registered as a Limited Company in England & Wales
- Be based or trade in the North East region;
- Have a minimum turnover of £500,000 of which a minimum £250,000 must be civil engineering activity;
- Have a financially sound track record during the last three years;
- Have in place a Health and Safety policy that meets the commitment to the CECA Health and Safety Action Plan and Strategy, or be willing to amend it so that it does ;
- Must be registered with CITB and pay levy in accordance with The Industrial Training Levy (Construction Industry Training Board) Order 2018 (full membership only);
- Be committed to raising the standards of civil engineering through being a member of CECA North East Ltd;
- Agree to the scrutiny of their application by the Management Board members;
- Agree to the Management Board decision without recourse.
Further details can be found in our Membership Pack.
Application Forms can be downloaded here.