Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities and each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Mental Health First Aider
This course will be delivered by Sam Leigh of Sleigh Services.
The course is delivered at a subsidised rate of only £150+VAT per person for CECA Members and £100+VAT per person for Civils Training Group members.
Please email Jemma@ceca-yorks.co.uk to book your place(s).
Places are limited to 2 per company initially.