CECA South West felt that Covid-19 shouldn’t get in the way of these annual awards to celebrate the talents and achievements of young people working in our industry in our region.
We were delighted to host the award ceremony (adhering to strict Covid-19 guidelines) at a live event direct from the home of the awards – The Grand in Torquay. CECA South West Chairman, Dave Ellis, and Regional Director, Paul Santer, were on hand to ensure all went to plan on the day! You can watch the event here.
Our 2020 award winners are:
- CECA South West Most Promising Apprentice – Sam Beer (Bridge Civil Engineering Ltd)
- CECA South West Most Promising Trainee Quantity Surveyor – Aiden Shipp (Midas Construction Ltd)
- CECA South West Most Promising Trainee Civil Engineer – Peter Boden (Dyer & Butler Ltd)
The winners received an inscribed memento and cash prize of £500.
In addition, we awarded a “Highly Commended” award to the runner up in the Most Promising Trainee Civil Engineer category.
- CECA South West Highly Commended Trainee Civil Engineer – Greg Crowe (Bridge Civil Engineering Ltd)
Greg received a cash prize of £250.
In addition, we have our university placement awards and the 2020 winners are:
- University of Bath Industrial Placement Award – Michael O’Hagan (Suttle Projects)
- University of Plymouth Industrial Placement Award – Matthew Lees (Jackson Civil Engineering)
Sponsorship – CECA South West is very grateful to BAM Nuttall for providing sponsorship for the CECA South West Awards 2020.
Our CECA South West Awards winners. From Right to Left: Peter Boden, Sam Beer, Dave Ellis (SW Chairman), Aiden Shipp & Matthew Lees.