CECA NW Commercial & Legal Breakfast seminars, with Geraldine Fleming of Driver Trett
These seminars are short duration, and provide a general introduction to commercial and legal matters that members have requested. They are eligible for CPD, and certificates can be provided upon request.
They are free to attend, but a charge will be made if CECA NW is not notified in advance of non-attendance.
Pitfalls for Contractors 2
- Where a letter of intent is sent to a Contractor which includes an instruction to commence work but puts a cap on the value of work to be carried out until the contract is signed, what happens if the Contractor exceeds the capped value?
- Are progress reports and minutes of site meetings sufficient notification under most conditions of contract?
- If payment is not made when due is a Contractor entitled to suspend work and walk off site?
- Is a Contractor absolved from liability in respect of defects where the Employer refuses access and makes good the defects?
- Who is responsible for damage to a Subcontractor’s work where it is not obvious who caused the damage?
To book your places: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ceca-nw-seminar-contractual-pitfalls-2-tickets-90608708085