CECA is committed to ensuring that those working in the Infrastructure Sector are equipped with the right skills and knowledge to support the future and progression of the industry. CECA provides a voice for its members and will represent their interests to key stakeholders, including clients and the Government, on training related issues.
The importance of investing in skills and modern methods of construction is unequivocal. CECA will continue to work closely with the CITB to promote careers in infrastructure and ensure that the industry has the right skills and qualifications to support sustainable growth and help build a better Britain.
CECA Training & Development Forum
CECA’s Training and Development Forum has been established to enable training representatives from all member companies to exchange information, share good practice and discuss topical training issues. This forum helps shape CECA’s training strategy and offering. It provides the impetus to strengthen CECA’s influence on issues such as funding, qualifications and client expectations.
CECA’s Annual Training and Development Survey helps CECA:
- Understand the type and quantity of training that CECA members have participated in and their requirements for the future;
- Influence the CITB Grant scheme and other sources of funding;
- Ensure that key stakeholder including Government, parliamentary parties and CITB take account of members training and development needs;
- Appreciate and address any skills shortages perceived by members;
- Identify where there are insufficient training resources to match demands;
- Plan future CECA training events
CECA has developed a number of specialist courses, part-funded by the CITB, to provide members with access to training around some of the challenges facing the sector today. These training initiatives are offered through the CECA Regions. For further information visit your local CECA Region. CECA has also published a Groundworker Employer Occupational Brief & Training Specification which is available to download here.
Advice and Guidance
CECA has developed a number of specialist courses, part-funded by the CITB, to provide members with access to training around some of the challenges facing the sector today. These training initiatives are offered through the CECA Regions. For further information visit your local CECA Region.