Roads Academy is a joint initiative between National Highways and the supply chain to develop the current and future leaders of our sector.
We have developed unique blended leadership learning programmes focussed on harnessing tangible benefits at the sectoral, organisational, and individual levels. Both of our programmes combine e-Learning modules with in-person experiences and provide learners with opportunities to apply their learning through collaborative value hubs with other learners to address sector challenges.
Our learning programmes include:
- The Aspiring Leaders programme: Aimed at mid-level managers or those aspiring to reach mid-level management, individuals in client or supplier-facing roles and/or individuals who have been identified as high potential within their organisation. These individuals are keen to further develop their leadership skills, collaborate with like-minded individuals and apply their learning and experience to sectoral challenges.
- The Strategic Leaders programme: Aimed at senior leaders, and those working towards moving into senior leadership roles, who are looking to further develop and apply their strategic leadership and change management skills. These leaders will have the opportunity to apply their learning to complex sectoral challenges to support sectoral innovation and transformation.
We have identified three key themes that form the basis for development through Roads Academy:
- Operational Excellence: Covering learning subjects such as project management, budgeting, running successful teams and improving collaboration.
- Emotional Intelligence: Covering learning subjects such developing emotional intelligence, becoming a great coach, and developing great listening, questioning and presentation skills.
- Future Capabilities: Covering learning subjects such building resilience, thinking outside the box and moving to a more strategic way of leading and actioning a vision.
The Aspiring Leaders programme costs £3,750 per learner per year and learners are expected to complete the programme within one year.
The Strategic Leaders programme costs £5,000 per learner per year and learners are expected to complete the programme within one year.