The ability to speak in public, and enjoy it, can be transformative, personally and professionally.
Through this full-day masterclass, you will be introduced to the foundations which lie behind all effective communication, and the practical tools and techniques which can help you become a more confident and effective speaker. The session will explore:
- How to frame and structure presentations, turning passive information-sharing into engaging storytelling.
- How to use tools to bring presentations to life, keeping audiences focused and speakers calm and controlled.
- How to deliver presentations with passion, clarity and authority – doing our ideas justice.
- Simple ways to turn destructive nervous energy into constructive nervous energy.
- The role of listening in public speaking, and how to use questions effectively to turn monologue into rich dialogue.
No prior knowledge or experience of public speaking will be required to participate, and the session will be suitable for those of all abilities, and those speaking in public in any context.
The Masterclass is being led by Mike Corcoran. Mike has spent over a decade speaking in public with audiences of all shapes and sizes, and helping others to do the same. As an independent consultant and advisor, he has worked with clients across Europe, Asia and North America, including governments, NGOs, education institutions and professional associations. He is published on a wide range of communication and engagement themes, founded the Darganfod science festival in North Wales, and as a Visiting Researcher at Wrexham Glyndwr University in North Wales, leads their accredited public speaking short courses.
The session is free to CECA members.