A number of common contractual issues will be considered in this session:
• If the Client’s Representative (eg the Project Manager) on a design and construct contract, approves the Contractor’s drawings and errors are then discovered, who is responsible?
• If a Main Contractor is working under a letter of intent, can the Main Contractor terminate part way through the work? Can the Client terminate before completion of the specified works?
• Does the subcontractor have to follow the main contractor’s programme?
• Main Contractors discount – can it be deducted if a subcontractor is paid late and should discount be deducted from the CE / variation account
• Can monies owed on one contract be set off from monies owed on another contract?
Time has been allowed for Q&A at the end of this free to attend session which will be delivered by Geraldine Fleming of Driver Trett.
Geraldine has worked in the construction industry for over 25 years, specialising in dispute resolution for the last 20. She is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, and also holds a law degree. She has been employed on preparing, defending and negotiating claims on a wide range of projects both in the UK and overseas.
She has experience of, and has worked with, a wide range of contracts and sub-contracts including standard and non-standard forms and regularly drafts and comments on such contracts. She has experience across all sectors of the industry in dispute resolution, and lectures regularly for many professional associations such as the RICS, RIBA, CIOB, ECA and ICE.