The Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) is the UK Government’s National Technical Authority for Physical and Personnel protective security advice. Part of the national security apparatus, CPNI has a long history of providing advice on securing critical infrastructure and working with the police to advise on the protection of crowded spaces and publicly accessible locations.
This session will show how threats and vulnerabilities can be mitigated by forethought and proportionate countermeasures that enable, rather than inhibit, the desired innovation.
CPNI’s work also covers securing sensitive technologies, digital engineering, open data initiatives, advanced manufacturing processes, automotive and intelligent transport system security and embedding security into the development of smart city initiatives.
CPNI sponsors, authors and contributes to numerous standards. The organisation has developed boilerplate and bespoke terms for commercial use to help instill security-mindedness and security practices in the supply chain. A host of extra guidance and templates are available on their website.
The speaker is a UK Government Security Advisor.
This is a multi-institution event with the ICE Manchester Branch, Institute of Asset Management North West (IAM), Civil Engineering Contractors Association North West (CECA), Institution of Structural Engineers Lancashire & Cheshire Branch (IStructE), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation North West (CIHT) and Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors North West (CICES).
- Join us from 5pm for networking and refreshments.
- Due to the sensitive topics discussed and the nature of this event, this is in-person only and will NOT be broadcast online.
- You will be required to show proof of identification at the venue. Any guests without a form of ID will not be able to join.
- If you are a member of an institution other than ICE, please note this in the ‘special requirements’ box during your booking.
- Attendee details will be shared with the institutions listed and well the speaker, with the sole purpose of understanding who has attended the event.