The proposed training programme for 2023/24 is based on the following themes :
Contract support : this is based on rolling out further modules of the successful NEC4 programme
Carbon support : an online training programme is being developed in partnership with Cynnal Cymru which will focus on Carbon Literacy, Carbon Management and Biodiversity
Legal support : proposals are being developed to support a Mock Trial scenario (potentially based on Service Strikes) and a CDM Workshop focusing on legal implications
Political support : this would entail a 2023/24 Politics and Infrastructure Overview arranged by our public affairs consultants
Social Value support : proposals for training in social value and the launch of contractor specific education resources are in development with partners.
Here is our planned timeline for delivering these training themes :
Please be assured that, as always, we will ensure that all CECA Wales members will be able to access these courses.
N.B. 2024 NEC4 courses can now be booked and paid for online
- January 2024: NEC4 ECC Overview – 29 January – click here to book your place
- February 2024: NEC4 Programme Workshop – 8 February 2024 – click here to book your place
- March 2024: NEC4 Role of the Project Manager – 12 March – click here to book your place
- April 2024: NEC4 Practical Application – 15 April – click here to book your place
- May 2024: NEC4 Compensation Events – 13 May – click here to book your place
- June 2024: NEC4 Pricing NEC Contracts/Managing Risk – 10 June – click here to book your place
- July 2024: NEC4 ECS Overview – 9 July – click here to book your place
- September 2024: NEC4 Engineering & Construction Short Contract (ECSC) & Understanding Z Clauses – 24 September – click here to book your place
- October 2024: NEC4 Common Contractual Pitfalls & How to Avoid Them – 21 October – click here to book your place.