The Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) Wales represents 60 of Wales’ largest and smallest civil engineering contracting businesses with a cumulative annual turnover in excess of £1bn and employing over 6,000 people. These businesses play a huge part in supporting communities across Wales and make a significant contribution to the economic prosperity of our nation. Our members are also major providers of training and apprenticeship opportunities.
On a more fundamental level it is our members who will build the infrastructure that our nation needs to prosper.
CECA Wales engages with Government Ministers at both Wales and UK levels to promote the value of infrastructure to the wellbeing and prosperity of our communities.
We also meet regularly with major clients to support and inform policy development and implementation. These include officers of the Welsh Government, local authorities including the County Surveyors Society (CSS) and the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA), Natural Resources Wales, Network Rail, Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water and the energy and telecommunications providers.
We work in partnership with like-minded organisations such as professional institutions and trade federations to further the interests of those working in the infrastructure sector.
As major employers and trainers of people we work closely with training and education providers to develop our workforce.
Our priorities are summarised as :
- Promote the value of infrastructure to the Welsh economy and seek increased investment
- Streamline procurement making the process of bidding for work more efficient and effective
- Attract a diverse and talented workforce to support the sector
- Ensure that our workforce is trained and developed to the highest standards
- Secure the health, safety and wellbeing of our workforce